Hot Cross Bun Bliss Balls
Make a healthy alternative to Hot Cross Buns
*Prep Time: 10min. * Serves 8. *Calories per serve: 131
• 1/3 cup orange juice
• 1⁄2 cup pitted, fresh medjool dates
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
• 1tsp mixed spice
• 2tsp orange zest
• 1tsp cacao/cocoa
• 2tsp honey
• 2tsp honey
• 2tsp almond butter
• 1tbsp butter, melted
- Heat orange juice in a microwave or a small saucepan, add dates and set aside to soak and cool.
- Place oats and seeds in a good processor on high until finely chopped. Add spice, zest, dates and soaking juice. Process on high until all ingredients are well combined and begin to come together. If the mixture is too dry, add extra orange juice
- Roll bite-sized balls of the mixture and arrange on a plate (16 balls in total). Once all mixture is rolled, place in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate crosses.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cocoa, honey, almond butter and melted butter. Place mixture into a pipping bag or a snap lock lunch bag and cut a small corner off one side so you can pipe crosses onto the balls.
- Remove balls from the fridge and pipe small cross onto each ball. Freeze any leftover cross mixture to use another time. Return balls to the fridge and chill until ready to serve. 2 balls is one serve.